Friday, October 30, 2009

Investing in Gold Bullion Coins

Silver is probably the only metal that I love to wear. I do have some gold jewellery, but I let my mom keep them for me because I don't fancy wearing gold. My mom, on the other hand, loves gold jewellery. She was the one who bought me my first gold ring.

Although gold is not really my colour, it is a known fact that gold has a high resell value. If I were to purchase something for an investment, I would definitely buy me some gold jewellery, or perhaps some gold bullion coins.

What are bullion coins, you ask? Well, I have never heard of the word, so I took the liberty to do a research on it. Apparently, gold bullion coins are gold coins that serve primarily as a method of investing in gold. These bullion coins are not priced according their nominal value, but solely for the value of the gold that they are made of.

Bullion coins are priced based on their troy weight. The value of a gold bullion coin is determined by its gold content, the current market price of gold, and the price that the market is willing to pay for the particular coin. Gold coin collectors would go all around the world for these bullion coins, as they are produced in many countries. Most bullion gold coins are named after their design features, such as Chinese Panda, Canadian Maple Leaf, and Russian Chervonets.

If you have a lot of money to spare, why not invest in a couple of these gold bullion coins yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)